Sunday 18 October 2015

REVIEW: THE ENCHANTED WOOD, Enid Blyton

This enchanted book contains adventure and magical lands. To read this book, you have to have an imagination. It's a good job that every kid has one of those, because it definitely comes in handy with this book.
The Enchanted Wood
It's about a group of kids and their names are Jo, Beth and Franny. They are brothers and sisters who moved to the countryside and next door to their house is an enchanted wood, where they discover the Magic Faraway Tree. At the top of the tree, every day there is always a new land. They make new friends, slide down the slippery slip and meet characters like Moonface, Saucepan Man, Silky the Fairy and Dame Wash a Lot.

All the characters live in different little houses on the tree and there is always new flowers, berries, fruits and treats growing on the tree.

I read the book every night just before bed. My dad read it to me first and after that I read it to myself, just to make sure I understood it. I recommend you do that with someone too. If you don't have anybody to read it with, just read it yourself. Or with your pet. It's up to you!

You might not want to read this, you might find it a bit boring in the beginning, but by the second chapter you'll LOVE it. My mum recommended it to me but I had no interest but by the time I got to the second chapter I was hooked.

The best thing about it it, there's noe ending, because there's a whole series of books that you have to finish. Brilliexcellent (as my brother would say!)!

Hearts out of 5: ♥♥♥♥♥ (I would actually do ten if I could!)

If you want to buy the book, go to your local book store or get it here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a big fan of Enid Blyton, but I never actually got to read the Enchanted Wood! Good review!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete